Visible Learning Plus session.
My notes, blog to follow
gathering student voice
what makes a good learner -what makes students good learners
what strategies do you use to problem solve
knowing the questions to ask - asking the right questions
knowing what you don't know - getting the most able students able too ask questions - confident in getting it wrong and asking questions and feeling safe to ask questions when they don't know
developing the shared language to learning -
reflection on learning for day
not just surface learning but also deeper learning
what does it mean to be a good learner
is it getting through to the student- checking in with the students - check your impact
self reported grades/student expectations/assessment capable learners - worth spending time on, very good impact on student achievement -
- where am I going
- how am I going
- where to next
lesson by lesson or unit by unit
stretch goals for topic tests
focus on progressions
use I can do to check progress and stretch using core and extended content
teacher/student clarity
learning intentions/success criteria
- students know why they are learning
- the success criteria I understood by all
- share rubrics and examples
what am i doing to be very explicit and clear - what do they need to do to be successful
checking in with students to ensure the students know what they are doing - what are they learning about
more student involvement in the LO and goals - letting students taking more involvement and ownership, co design and creation
feedback is evidence about - where am I going, how am i doing, where to next
needs to be relevant and useful for the student - knowing where the student is at for a given task
instructional feedback to key, needs to be at right level for the student and targeted
Check my impact!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment