Wednesday, 21 May 2014

A new outlook

What an interesting week. I had the flu.

Last week despite looking and feeling like death warm up was very interesting. The conversation I had had made me really sit down the reassess what I was trying too achieve. I have taken a new fresh approach which I am really enjoying is a much better way to approach what I am trying to achieve, more independent and intinstically motivated learners. We still have a very long way to go, but I now know what my learners want and also what their parent want. My teaching style has adjusted, I am teaching a very short sharp blocks, and then I set them written or experimental task to reinforce the short sharp information load. I have made a vow to not spend another whole lesson talking again. I will give in the information and break it down, emphasis important point and then let them discover and learn how it suit them. It is working very well with my physics topic and if the students need extra help they are asking each other first before they ask me.
I am seeing really great results and progress and understanding I am seeing is very good.

My aim for the next week in the lead up to exams is to reinforce and go over how questions should be answered especially and explain and discuss type questions. This is goes along in the our year long PD we are doing. I finally understand what we are trying to achieve which is awesome.  Up until this point is was really confused of how I was suppose to implement in the class. Now I understand the rational and really see why it is such a benefit. It works really well in with everything else I am trying too achieve.

This term has been such an amazing learning journey not just for me personally and professionally but also for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment